THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO JOIN THE FRIENDS OF HIKE ONTARIO
You spend your days on the footpaths & hiking trails of Ontario.
Why not TAKE THE EXTRA STEP?
Hike Ontario is the only provincial organization that protects and promotes foot paths, hiking and walking.
We rely on donations and the efforts of our volunteers to sustain and further our programs. Invaluable programs such as:
- Young Hikers Program
- Hike Leader Certification
- Safe Hiking Program
- Best Practices Research
- Volunteer of the Year Awards
- Ontario Hiking Week
- Annual Hiking Summit & Conference
- Helping local hiking and trail clubs with organizational and complex liability and insurance issues.
The most essential benefit to becoming a Friend of Hike Ontario is the knowledge that you have become part of a network of people, from Ontario and beyond, who are committed to protecting, restoring, enjoying and sharing the joys and beauty of hiking and walking in Ontario.
When you take the extra step, you help us:
- Protect the precious hiking trails and foot paths of Ontario
- Advocate for the responsible management of Ontario's public lands and the creation of more hiking and foot paths
- Encourage conservation and appreciation of the natural environment by connecting Ontarians to the nature around them
- Educate adults and youth and provide them with the resources to inform and motivate them to conserve Ontario's trails
- Encourage walking for recreation, transportation and health
- Encourage good trail maintenance and hiking practices
- Encourage and facilitate the development of trail building and hiking clubs in Ontario
- Maintain and disseminate information on hiking and hiking trails
What Taking the Extra Step Means for You:
News: You will receive our newsletter, Trail Mail
Connectivity: You will receive an invite to our Annual Hiking Summit and other special events
Opportunity: You can learn new skills by volunteering with us or one of our member clubs
Access: You will have convenient access to information on trails and hiking activities
Tax Advantage: You will receive a charitable tax receipt for all of your donations to the Friends program
MAKING A DONATION
We value our Friends and our goal is to establish long term, mutually beneficial relationships.
When you make a donation and become a Friend of Hike Ontario, you join an extensive network of hikers and walkers, all dedicated to protecting and preserving Ontario's hiking and walking trails.
We graciously accept donations of any amount and our Friends are recognized for the cumulative donations they make over the years.
Become a Friend of Hike Ontario today by making a donation in one of the following categories. Charitable tax receipts will be issued for all donations. Special events and recognition gifts have also been planned for each category.
Friends of Hike Ontario Donor Categories
Your personal contribution(s) will be recognized on our virtual donor trail at www.hikeontario.com unless your prefer anonymity.
Donate by mail
If you would like to become a Friend of Hike Ontario, please print out Hike Ontario's online Friends of Hike Ontario Form
Mail in your cheque or money order, made payable to the Hike Ontario Trust Fund to:
165 Dundas St. West, Suite 400, Mississauga, On. L5B 2N6
VIRTUAL DONOR TRAIL
A heartfelt thank you to our generous donors and supporters.
Dr. Kathleen H Brown
Bruce Trail Association
Jackie & Allen Campbell
Donald C. Danby
Bill & Maria Haartman
Iris & Larry Hoffmeister
Anthea W. Jenkins
Steve & Ruth Levkoe
Ministry of Health Promotion
RBC Financial Group Corp.
Joan E. Smyth
David & Pat Stone