Do You Know an Outstanding Trail Volunteer that Deserves to be Recognized?
Nominate an outstanding individual for Hike Ontario's 'Volunteer of the Year' Award!
Each year, countless Ontarians volunteer their time, energy, creative and professional talents to enhance Ontario’s hiking and walking opportunities. These individuals devote endless hours to serve on committees, champion important issues and causes, coordinate events and/or donate their business expertise and resources to further the positive growth and development of Ontario’s pedestrian based trail network.
Our Volunteer Awards are presented annually in October at our Annual Hike Ontario Summit. The Annual Summit provides the opportunity to celebrate our achievements during the last year, as well as to set the agenda for the upcoming year. This year, the Volunteer Awards will be presented on September 29 in Orillia.
These notable volunteers must have made a special contribution during the period of July 1 - June 30 of the current year. Nominations are open to all Hike Ontario club members and volunteers, not just board members or committee chairs.
The nominee must have participated in, and contributed significantly to the success of a club program or project in one or more of the following areas: Advocacy, Marketing, Public Relations, Governance, Trail Development, Events, Risk Management, Land Securement or Landowner Relations, Fundraising and/or Hike Leadership.
There is no limit to the number of nominations made by an individual or organization.
Self-nominations are welcome. The nomination deadline is SEPTEMBER 15th, 2016.
- The nomination form must be filled out completely and written as if you are introducing your nominee to the Recognition Committee. Incomplete or unsigned nomination forms will be disqualified
- Individuals or groups may submit more than one nomination or may nominate themselves.
- The Recognition Committee may request additional information from nominees, nominators or
- the volunteers’ organizations (such as a picture)
- The Recognition Committee's decision will be final. Nomination forms will not be returned
You can nominate someone by completing our online form HERE (NOTE: Nominations must be received prior to SEPTEMBER 15th)